What happens when we live God’s way?
He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity.
We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We are called to enrich our lives by helping “God’s People in Need” in one or more of the following on going Ministries at St. Matthew’s:
- Food Ministry – Feeding 350 to 400 Homeless Persons at the I.M. Sulzbacher Center whenever an opportunity is available.
- Food Pantry – St. Matthew’s operates a Food Pantry, which disburses food on Saturday mornings between 8 and 9 a.m., feeding 2,226 families with 6,878 people in 2013.
- Crop Walk Ministry – Hosting the Annual Crop Walk which supports the Arlington Food Bank and the World Hunger Fund.
- Aged Ministry – Support LSS Adult Day Care Center. Host Bingo parties at the First Coast Nursing Home.
- Youth Ministry – Our building is available and used by Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts and Cub Scouts. We also have the Lutheran Outdoor Ministry (Camping).
- Campus Ministry – St. Matthew’s provides support to Campus Ministry at UNF.
- A.I.M. Ministry – Help at the “Mentally Challenged Adults” parties.
- Sharing Tree Ministry – Under the direction of the Hope Circle help coordinate the items needed for the Pace Center for Girls, First Coast Nursing Home, and LSS helping the Homeless. Help deliver the items to each place.
- Other Financial Support – Lutheran Social Services of NE FL, Empty Bowls, and Pastor’s Discretionary Fund.