April 28, 2020
Ask God to stir our generosity for supporting the ministries and witness of our congregations, synods and churchwide organization.
Living Lutheran, Prayer Ventures, April 28, 2020
Doing the work of the kingdom has been on my mind lately for a number of reasons. First, several weeks ago as I opened the E-Spirit newsletter for the synod, I was surprised and humbled to see an article and pictures of our members engaged in our ongoing God’s Work, Our Hands. Projects. Our work for Children’s Home Society and PACE Center were highlighted. Well done, good and faithful servants.
Then we got the news about the generous donations to help us continue feeding hungry children through Micah’s Backpack. Again, the work of the kingdom for the sske of our neighbor.
We have another opportunity to continue our work for Jesus’ sake by purchasing items to fill the backpacks. Let’s make this our God’s Work, Our Hands project for April.
Here’s the list:
April 27, 2020 Micah’s Backpack Needs the following:
- *Shelf stable milk: white, vanilla or chocolate or any other flavor you see. The kids get one container of milk each weekend. In BJs this milk is located on the left side of store ‘way back by the water and boxed juice.
- Canned pasta regular size cans (12/case), not the individual size cups (18/case)
- **Soup. Any kind, any size.
- **Fruit cups. Applesauce, mixed fruit…anything
- Shelf Stable pudding cups
- Granola Bars
- ***Graham Crackers or any other style cracker. We will pack them with peanut butter. It’s hard to eat peanut butter with no bread or crackers, or fresh apples to put it on.
- Mac’n’ cheese. Family size boxes.
- ***Variety pack of Cereal…at BJs or Costco: orangey/gold color box with 30 little boxes of cereal, or in grocery store any individual boxes/cups of dry cereal.
Not needed at this time:
4/27/2020 Oatmeal/Grits, assorted snacks, popcorn, Breakfast Bars
Shirley will be at the Dearing Chapel on Wednesday’s from 4-4:15pm for safe, distanced pick-ups.
Thank you for your faithful response to God’s grace.
St. Matthew New Life:
Mailing address: P.O. Box 350119, Jacksonville, FL. 32235
Worshipping at: Dearing Chapel, 12355 Fort Caroline Rd., Jacksonville, Fl. 32225