June 6, 2020
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Let us pray. O God of justice and love, we give thanks to you that you illumine our way through life with the words of your Son. Give us the light we need, awaken us to the needs of others, and at the end bring all the world to your feast; through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory forever. Amen.
ELW, Service of the Word
After many meetings and discussions (virtually), and with much prayer, your Congregation Council and Worship Committee have determined that we can resume modified services in Dearing Chapel beginning on July 5, 2020 on a trial basis.
Per guidelines and recommendations, we are implementing certain precautions:
- The worship space will be sanitized before and after each worship service.
- Masks should be worn while in the chapel and will be provided if you do not have access to the same.
- Please “RSVP” each week if you plan to attend worship by calling the church office; this will allow us to keep accurate records if contact tracing becomes necessary.
- We will have designated greeters/ushers to open the main doors as you enter and exit the chapel minimizing contact with the hardware.
- We will have seating arranged to comply with guidelines for maintaining social distance; families may sit together.
- Ushers will seat you as you enter and will direct traffic flow at the end of worship to maintain distancing.
- There will be no fellowship hour following worship.
- The service will be modified as there will be no bulletins or hymnals, no singing and we will not receive the Eucharist until guidelines permit the same.
- Offering will be collected when you enter or leave from a stationary position near the doors or online by clicking the “Give” tab.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
Thank you for your faithful stewardship in supporting our ministry. Gifts and tithes may be sent to St. Matthew Lutheran Church, PO Box 350119, Jacksonville, Fl. 32235. To give online go to our website – stmatthewsjax.org – click on the “give” tab, click give again to get instructions.