Worship Service: Sundays at 9:30 am
- All are Welcome
- Come as You Are
- Service is a blended service with a praise band
- No prior church experience needed
Church Reopening Notice
Dear members and friends,
As the church, gathering to worship in community is both faith-forming and faith- sustaining. Self-quarantine, shelter-at home and social distancing have been difficult for everyone, but perhaps made more poignant for us because safety measures have required us to “go virtual” with our services.
The questions around when and how to ”re-open” worship have become acute recently but have been on our minds and in our hearts since we suspended our regular services. We have been following recommendations and guidelines issued by federal and local agencies, by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and our Bishop. After many meetings and discussions (virtually), and with much prayer, your Congregation Council and Worship Committee have determined that we can resume modified services in Dearing Chapel beginning on July 5, 2020 on a trial basis.
Per guidelines and recommendations, we are implementing certain precautions:
- The worship space will be sanitized before and after each worship service.
- Masks should be worn while in the chapel and will be provided if you do not have access to the same.
- Please “RSVP” each week if you plan to attend worship by calling the church office; this will allow us to keep accurate records if contact tracing becomes necessary.
- We will have designated greeters/ushers to open the main doors as you enter and exit the chapel minimizing contact with the hardware.
- We will have seating arranged to comply with guidelines for maintaining social distance; families may sit together.
- Ushers will seat you as you enter and will direct traffic flow at the end of worship to maintain distancing.
- There will be no fellowship hour following worship.
- The service will be modified as there will be no bulletins or hymnals, no singing and we will not receive the Eucharist until guidelines permit the same.
- Offering will be collected when you enter or leave from a stationary position near the doors or using the GIVE tab on our website: www.stmatthewsjax.org.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
God desires good things for us and has called us to be stewards of his gracious gifts. This includes our health. If you know that you or a family member would be at risk if you attend a public gathering, please worship at home a while longer knowing that we hold you in our hearts and in our prayers. We will continue to record and post services.
Pastor, Council, Worship Committee