What happens when we live God’s way?
He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity.
We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We are called to enrich our lives by helping “God’s People in Need”.
St. Matthew’s currently supports Lake Lucina Elementary in the following ways:
- Micah’s backpack program: “Act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God: Micah 6:8″ (More info below.)
- God’s Work Our Hands: Preparing hygiene products for Children Home Society
- Nov 2019 Collected arts and craft supplies and gifts for the girls of Pace Center. Pace Center for girls works with at risk girls ages 12-18.
- February 2020 – God’s Work. Our Hands.
Feeding our Future, One Child at a Time
Act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
Children with food insecurity are identified by the school. St. Matthew’s provides each of these children with a bag of food each Friday. The bag contains enough healthy food to last for the weekend that is easy for children to prepare for themselves.
How you can help:
- Donate funds to the cause, food supplies are running low
- Help with packing food – ALL are welcome with masks:
Wednesday afternoons 4:30 pm at Dearing Chapel
Bring in food:
- Tuna in cans
- Pasta in a can
- Shelf stable Milk – Horizon Organic
- Juice – individually packaged must be 100% juice
- Vegetables in a can
- Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup Packets – with white meat, 4 in a box (small box)
- Box Macaroni and Cheese ($.34 per box – ALDI or WalMart)
- Cereal – single serving boxes
Sock Drop – How you can Help
*Next Sock Drop is February 14, 2021 after Church
BRING TO WORSHIP OR CONTACT CHURCH OFFICE FOR DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Accompany a group of church members to pass out items
- Drop off at Dearing Chapel gently used:
- Shoes – especially Men’s size 12, 13
- Donate water on Sock Drop day